Piezosurgery’s technology utilises micro-vibrations which allow for intricate bone dissection in confined anatomy, yielding significant benefits in various applications.
Piezosurgery flex provides control, precision and ease of use. The system comprises of a generator, a handpiece and the single-use surgical inserts.
Piezosurgery flex is the perfect way to start a new era of bone surgery.
Piezosurgery plus provides additional power and state-of-the-art electronics that cover a wider range of applications, allowing for a faster procedure in less delicate areas.
1. “Piezosurgery is a safe tool for selective bone cutting for opening of the internal auditory canal with preservation of facial nerve and hearing function in acoustic neurma surgery.”
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 2011 Oct; 153(10):1941-7; discussion 1947. Epub 2011 Jun 27.
2. “Piezoelectric osteotomy reduced surgical time, blood loss, and inferior alveolar nerve injury in bimaxillary osteotomy. Absence of macrovibrations makes the instrument more manageable and easy to use and allows greater intraoperative control with higher safety in cutting in difficult anatomical regions.” Bertossi D., Lucchese A., Albanese M., Turra M., Faccioni F., Nocini P., rodriguez y Baena r. Piezosurgery versus conventional osteotomy in orthognathic surgery: a paradigm shift in treatment. J Craniofac Surg. 2013 Sep;24(5):1763-6. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0b013e31828f1aa8.
3. “Perfect integrity of the osteotomised surfaces with a cut whichis clean, c=regular and without imperfections or pigmentation. The bone surface which was cut using the piezoelectric device showed no sign of lesions to the mineralised tissues and presented live osteocytes with no sign of cellular suering.” Mediterranean Journal of Surgical Medicine 2001; 9:89-95
4. “Piezoelectric device allows surgeons to achieve better results compared to a traditional surgical saw, especially in terms of intraoperative blood loss, post-operative swelling and nerve impairment. This device represents a less aggressive and safer method to perform invasive surgical procedures such as Le Fort I osteotomy.” Journal of Craniomaxilofacial Surgery, 2014 Mar 20. Pii: S1010-5182(14)00080-8. Doi:10.1016/j.jcms.2014.02.011
5. “Piezoelectric surgery reduces the impact of soft tissues (vessels and nerves) which lie adjacent to the areas of treatment. Compared to traditional methods it enables optimal healing because it reduces the post-surgery swelling and discomfort” Minerva Stomatol. 2012 May; 61(5):213-24